Spend your summer in Sioux Falls!
Summer Housing is available to students for use during the summer months.
We reserve summer housing spaces, first, for students who are:
- Working or required to be on-campus due to a summer grant, work study, or specific departmental or program needs; or
- Taking courses at Augustana. Online courses are acceptable, and there is no minimum credit requirement.
Once all students who require housing for these purposes have been placed, additional vacant spaces are offered to others who have applied, in accordance with our summer housing waiting list.
Interning in Sioux Falls but not an Augustana student? We are sometimes able to offer housing to non-Augustana students while they work and learn here in our great city. However, we only offer space to non-Augustana student once our current students have been placed. We will not make offers to non-Augustana student prior to mid-May, there is no guarantee applying will result in a confirmed space, and students must adhere to the Augustana Student Handbook, including contract dates of June 4- August 3, 2017.
Students may apply to live in a specific theme house or apartment community as a group or as an individual. Campus Life staff will make every effort to meet space and roommate preferences for summer housing, but specific assignments are not guaranteed.
If you have been awarded a theme house or apartment for the coming fall semester, the Campus Life Office will work to give you preference for that location for the summer. However, if the group awarded that space for the fall is unable to fill the space for the summer, other students who have applied for summer housing may be placed there as well.
Limited space in Granskou Hall will be available in both single and double rooms.
Valhalla House, Global Education House, Loki Apartments and Nobel Apartments will be unavailable for summer 2017.
For Summer 2017, the transition dates that all students need to be aware of are:
- May 21- June 2, 2017- Spring to Summer Housing Transition Week. Students not able to transition during Transition Week must vacate their space by Spring Closing (Friday, May 19th) and may return for move in on Sunday, June 4th.
- June 4, 2017 - Move In Day for Summer Session 1/ All Summer Residents
- July 1, 2017 - Last day of Summer Housing Session 1. Students leaving at the end of Summer Housing Session 1 are required to check out by 12pm.
- July 2, 2017 - Move In Day for Summer Session 2
- August 3, 2017 - Last day of Summer Housing Session 2. Students leaving at the end of Summer Housing or not signed up for 2017- 2018 on campus housing are required to check out by 12pm.
- August 14- 18, 2017- Summer to Fall Transition Week. Students not able to transition to their fall housing during this week must vacate their space on Summer Closing Day (August 3, 2017) and return to campus on Fall Move In Day.
In order to make these transitions as smooth as possible for all involved, it is expected that students will adhere to the requirements laid out above.
View Rates for Summer Housing 2017 for specific rate information.
Students will be billed for an entire Summer Housing Session, regardless of when they choose to leave during that session. The Campus Life Office will not pro-rate any Summer Housing Session rates, including cable television.
Some students may be eligible for a discounted Summer Housing rate. In order to be eligible, a student must be working at least 25 hours per week on campus through a grant or institutionally funded work study position. The discounted rate is applied only to summer sessions where students work 25 hours or more on campus.
Each summer, we hire Summer Coordinators to assist Campus Life with the oversight of our Summer Conferences and Summer Housing programs. Please visit Summer Coordinators for more information about the position and to apply.