Spend your summer in Sioux Falls!
Augustana University is able to offer summer housing for students enrolled in traditional and online courses at Augustana, those completing internships with local businesses and organizations, or students who are employed by the University during the summer months.
Summer Intern Housing for Sioux Falls
We work, first, to provide housing for current Augustana students engaged in academic or University-related employment experiences. However, when space is available, Augustana University is able to offer summer housing opportunities for students from other colleges and universities who are in Sioux Falls for summer internships at local businesses (Sanford Health, Raven Industries, Midcontinent Communications, etc.).
Augustana University is able to provide students with air-conditioned housing within a designated residence hall*. Each student would be provided a room with a bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, dresser, wardrobe, and individual climate control for their room. Two restrooms are located on each floor, as well as a “day room” (lounge) specific to each floor community.
Single Rooms - $500/mo.
Depending on availability, students may have the option to request a single room. Rooms may be furnished with one or two sets of furnishings (furnishings must remain in the room).
Double Rooms - $400/mo.
Students electing to share a double room will be expected to live with a roommate throughout the summer. Students can provide the name of their chosen roommate prior to arrival, or will be placed with a roommate for the summer.
* Students assigned to Theme Houses and Apartments for the 2018-2019 academic year may request to live in their assigned space during Summer 2018 as well, though these assignments are subject to availability given maintenance or other needs. Students not assigned a Theme House or Apartment for the 2018-2019 academic year are eligible for residence hall placement only.
Each student living in campus housing during the summer will be provided access to Augustana Dining Services during their stay at no additional cost. Students will be provided:
- 20 meals each month (June and July) to use in the Dining Room for breakfast, lunch, or dinner options (schedules will be provided once housing assignments have been confirmed);
- $25 Dining Dollars each month to be used in The Huddle for snacks, drinks, and other retail items.
Schedule of Availability
Summer Housing will be available primarily during the months of June and July. Though exact dates will vary from year to year, students can expect that housing will open on the Sunday before the start of Augustana’s first summer academic term (Summer Session I) and will close the Saturday following the completion of the second summer academic term (Summer Session II).
Summer Session I
Check-In – 10 AM – Sunday, June 3, 2018
Check-Out – 12 Noon – Saturday, June 30, 2018
Summer Session II
Check-In – 10 AM – Sunday, July 8, 2018
Check-Out – 12 Noon – Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Students staying for both summer sessions will be allowed to remain in their housing assignment for Summer Session break.
- Early arrival and late departure opportunities are severely limited and unlikely to be granted. Please make every attempt to ensure that you are arriving no earlier than your scheduled check-in and departing by the deadlines at the end of either session. Requests for early arrival or late departure can be submitted to email@example.com. Requests submitted less than 7 days in advance will not be considered.
- Students transitioning from summer housing to fall athletic camps or permanent housing assignments for the 2018-2019 academic year will be expected to check out of summer locations and move to their permanent assignment between August 3 and August 5. More information will be provided upon your arrival for Summer Housing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Each summer, we hire Summer Coordinators to assist Campus Life with the oversight of our Summer Conferences and Summer Housing programs. Please visit Summer Coordinators for more information about the position and to apply.