Permanent Themes on Exhibit at CWS
The Augustana Academy Research Room
Even our archival research area features an exhibit! Visit this room on the second floor where nine interpretive panels tell the history of Augustana Academy. The Academy functioned from 1860-1971 and moved west with the college until being permanently established in Canton, SD. Famous graduates include Ole E. Rölvaag, South Dakota Governors Archie M. Gubbrud and Sigurd Anderson, and Mary (Harum) Hart. Additional Academy memorabilia is placed on display each summer during the Academy's reunion weekend.
There are several rotating exhibits at the Center in addition to the display listed above.
The Fantle and Froiland Galleries are closed for renovations ahead of major new installations. See what's coming to the Center for Western Studies in the fall of 2015!