Questions? Need help?
Call the LTS office at 605-274-4636 or email us at email@example.com
The Elmen Center is located at the corner of 33rd and Grange, on the campus of Augustana College. Parking is available in the south parking lot for your convenience.
Please check in at the Elmen Center equipment desk the day of your first lesson. Even if you have paid in full, we ask that you stop to check in to complete some paperwork and get some information!
Our $20 deposits are only refundable with a doctor's note.
Please make checks payable to Augustana College.
- Regular attendance of lessons is encouraged as we are not able to offer make-up lessons.
- Class sizes are limited. Register as soon as possible to ensure space.
- The computer program will allow you to register a child for one class per level in each session. (It will allow you to register for multiple levels in the same session.) If your schedule allows you to be on additional wait lists, please contact our office, and our staff can put you on a list we keep in our office.
- You can register for any of the sessions at any time, but we would advise waiting until you know whether or not the child will complete their current level. If you are unsure, please ask your child's instructor.
- Water assistants are on hand to help students get to and from the pool.
- There are also family locker rooms available for moms who need to assist sons, and dads who need to assist daughters!
- Parents can watch lessons from behind the large observation windows on first or second floor in the Elmen Center, or from the pool viewing deck located inside the pool area on the 2nd floor. Water is available on the 2nd floor viewing area. Parents are not allowed on the deck during swimming lessons for liability reasons.
- For the safety of others we ask that children not toilet trained wear swim diapers.
- Half way reports will be given to each child after the 4th lesson.
- Classes will be tested during the 7th and/or 8th lessons.
- Do not allow your child to leave valuables unsupervised.
Lessons are offered at a discounted price under one of two circumstances. First, Augustana employees recieve a 5 dollar discount per child for all lessons. This is not dependent upon on the number of children enrolled in the program. Please notify LTS staff of this when you register so we can activate the discount for you. Second, if you have 3 or more swimmers enrolled in our program during the same session, the discount will automatically be applied when you register as long as you have chosen the Family Link option and all of your children are linked together in the same account. The program will typically take the entire discount off of one registration. For example, if you have 3 children enrolled in classes that cost $65 each, you will see that one child owes $50 and then the other two still owe the full amount of $65.
Accident in the Pool?
In the event that a swimmer should get sick or have an accident in the pool we will cover safety issues as needed during the regular class time. We will also announce plans regarding make up lessons if we decide that there is a need for them. In the event of diarrhea in the pool we must close the pool for a minimum of 8 hours to super chlorinate and disinfect. In the event of vomit or solid stool in the pool we must close the pool for a minimum of 20 minutes.
In the event of a thunderstorm, we will continue with lessons as usual. Our pool is grounded, and lightning does not affect us! In the event of a tornado watch, we will notify parents of the situation, but continue with lessons. Parents can decide if they want to stay or go! If the tornado sirens go off, indicating a tornado in our area, we will evacuate the pool and retreat to our locker rooms where we will remain until the storm ends. Parents are encouraged to stay with us until an "all clear" is given. A decision about whether we will have make up lessons (and when they will be) will be made by Sherry and announced as soon as possible.
Augustana Learn to Swim operates on the same calander as the rest of the Augustana College Campus. Lessons will not be canceled due to weather unless Augustana College closes campus and cancels other events (i.e. basketball games, concerts, etc.). We understand that some of our swimmers come from out of town, and that travel situations may be different from those who live in town. If you are unable to get to lessons safely please stay home, but contact us so we can let the instructor know as well as answer any questions you may have.
Swim passes are available during the school year for students to practice their skills. Please refer to our Swim passes section of our website by clicking here.