Residence Hall Closing Information
Spring Semester Closing Information
All residence halls, theme houses and apartments will close at noon on Friday, May 18, 2018 at 12pm. All residents are to leave campus within 24 hours of their final exam. You will not be able to gain access to the residence halls once they are closed.
Closing and Moving Instructions
In order to ensure a proper check out:
- Arrange a time with your Viking Advisor to check out of your room. Your VA will give you more information on how to schedule your check out.
- Pack and remove all your belongings in your room.
- Clean your room and remove all trash.
- Empty and clean your University provided Microchill unit. Leave your microchill plugged in.
- Set the furniture in the room as directed by your hall staff.
- Close window and window coverings.
- Turn off all lights.
- Once you complete your paperwork with your Viking Advisor, they will lock your door and collect your key.
- If you are not returning to Augustana, complete a mail forwarding information with the Augie Mail Room.
Need to store items over the summer? Augustana offers summer storage through our PODS program. Items must be in fully closed containers/ boxes. Students are encouraged to bring covers for large items. No food/ drink items will be stored. The cost per item is $25 for standard boxes/ suitcases, $50 for large items. Students who attend Augie 500+ miles from home may have storage fees waived for their first 5 boxes/ suitcases and 1 large item. Items will be available for pick up in August.
Storage Drop Off Hours (All items should be brought to the Humanities Parking Lot):
Monday, May 14th, 3pm- 6pm
Tuesday, May 15th, 1pm- 3pm
Wednesday, May 16th, 9am- 11am, 4pm- 6pm
Thursday, May 17th, 9am- 11am, 4pm- 6pm
Friday, May 18th, 8am- 12pm, 3pm- 5pm
Saturday, May 19th, Storage Drop Off Closed
Sunday, May 20th, 8am- 12pm
Students Participating In Graduation
If you are graduating or participating in graduation (e.g. choir, etc.) You may have an extension to check out of your space on Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 12pm. Follow the above instructions to complete a proper check out.
Students Participating in Summer Housing
If you have applied for summer housing, you must still check out of your room by the above stated deadlines. The Center for Campus Life does not offer transitional housing for students during the time between spring and summer terms.