Residence Hall Closing Information
All residence halls will close at noon on Friday, May 24, 2019. All residents are to leave campus within 24 hours of their final exam. You will not be able to gain access to on-campus housing once they are closed.
Students participating in graduation may check out no later than Sunday, May 26 2019 at 12pm.
Closing and Moving Instructions
In order to ensure a proper check out:
- Arrange a time with your Viking Advisor to check out of your room. Your VA will give you more information on how to schedule your check out.
- Pack all of your personal items. Campus Life offers summer storage. Check your weekly A-Mail in May for drop off dates/ times.
- Clean your room and take all of your trash down to the dumpster.
- Empty and clean refrigerators (including the University-provided MicroChill unit in your room). Leave your fridge plugged in.
- Close window and window coverings.
- Turn off all lights.
- Your Viking Advisor will complete your paperwork and collect your key at the time of your checkout.
- If you rented a loft, you can leave it assembled in your room.
- Any abandoned items in your room after your check out date are considered the property of Augustana University and may be removed or recycled. Please do not leave any belongings anywhere within the residence halls, apartments or theme houses.
Students planning to live in on-campus housing for summer 2019 may be permitted to stay on campus during the week between spring and summer courses. All students must move from their spring assignment to their summer assignment on Sunday June 2nd from 8am- 5pm. Learn more about Summer Housing.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact your Viking Advisor, Residence Hall Director or the main Campus Life Office at 605.274.5215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.