Support Staff Positions
Support staff are employees of the College who are paid on an hourly basis, eligible for overtime pay, and whose duties are primarily non-managerial in nature.
Augustana welcomes applications for the following Support Staff positions:
Augustana College is currently recruiting for an individual to fill the position of a full-time, Success Center Coordinator.
As part of Augustana’s strategic plan and overall commitment to support student success, this individual markets and manages numerous programs for the department. The coordinator also serves as the immediate point of contact for diverse constituents such as employers, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and students. This is a non-exempt, 12 month, 40 hour a week position.
· Oversee the postings in Augie Opportunities, Augustana’s company profile, recruiter, job and internship database.
· Arrange and facilitate campus visits and career fair registrations for employers and graduates schools.
· Manage website content and update events calendar.
· Market diverse events, employer visits, and department services.
· Author and manage social media content, as well as other marketing platforms, such as Viking Central.
· Collect, record, and disseminate experiential learning information.
· Share job/internship leads, learning resources, credential file instructions, and resume-writing information with students.
· Build rapport quickly with visitors and guests to best meet their needs.
· Ensure prompt, thorough, and accurate communication with all audiences.
· Administer funds, pay bills, and maintain the department budget.
· Arrange front desk coverage and supervise work study students, ensuring their productivity and persistence in college.
· Coordinate outreach of students who have completed online career exploration assessments.
· Proctor standardized tests and exams for students who are eligible for testing accommodations.
· Assist with note-taking and audiobook services for students with documented disabilities.
· Communicate department policies related to employer postings and recruitment procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· At least two years of higher education experience required, preferably in a marketing or recruiting setting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, database maintenance, and web-based technology
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication
· Demonstrated ability to market events and prioritize multiple tasks
· Desire to leverage technology to advance the mission of the department
· Proven customer services skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Attentive to detail; able to maintain extremely sensitive and confidential information
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a resume, letter of interest, and references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this position is Friday, July 31, 2015.
The Augustana College Campus Learning Center is currently recruiting for Substitute Head Teachers. These positions could occur in classrooms for children 1- to 3-year olds or in classrooms for 3- to 6-year-olds.
The Campus Learning Center is open from 7:30 a.m. — 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A teaching position could be for a five-hour or eight-hour shift, and could be for one day or several days in a row.
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Early Childhood, Elementary Education or Special Education.
Applications will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. Interested applicants should complete an employment application and send it electronically to the address listed below.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.