The Augustana Theatre Company showcases student talent in a variety of theatrical productions each year — one of which is always a musical. Brand Name Improv (BNi) is a student-led improvisation company performing regularly on campus and in the community. Augustana Collaborative Theatrical Society (ACTS) is a student production company producing a three-show independent season in the Mary Harum Hart Actor's Studio.
The theatre in the Edith Mortenson Center theatre seats 286 people in a thrust stage configuration. The building’s renovated facilities also include the Mary Harum Hart Actor’s Studio, a black box rehearsal and performance space.
Theatre Company Main Stage Productions, 2015 - 2016
- September 23, 24, 25 and 26, at 7:30 p.m.
- September 27 at 2:30 p.m.
The 1940s Radio Hour (Walton Jones)
- November 18, 19, 20. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- November 22 at 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 25 at 7:30 p.m. - 10-Minute Plays, an evening of original short plays selected from submissions.
- Feb. 26 at 7:30 p.m. - A staged reading of selections from the original musical Salem by Augustana alumni Bob Wendland and Luke Tatge.
- Feb. 27 at 7:30 p.m. - Theatrical Genesis - Works written, rehearsed and performed within 24 hours. Theatrical teams will be formed the night of Feb. 26 to start the process.
Unnecessary Farce (Paul Slade Smith)
- April 13, 14, 15, & 16 at 7:30 p.m
- April 17 at 2:30 p.m.
ACTS (Augustana Collaborative Theatrical Society)
- Expand Opportunities
ACTS is committed to providing diverse theatrical opportunities to the students of Augustana University. In collaboration with the the Augustana Theatre faculty, ACTS is able to produce three productions a year in the Mary Harum Hart Acting Studio in the Edith Mortenson Center. These productions are selected, produced, directed, designed, managed, and performed by Augustana students. ACTS aims to expose the community to the raw, social and artistic elements of theatre by producing works that are seldom produced in a main stage environment. All of ACTS productions are free to the public. You can learn more about ACTS through their Facebook page or Twitter (@aboutACTS).
All of ACTS' productions are free to the public.
ACTS' 2015 - 16 Season
- October 29, 30, 31 —ART (Yasmina Reza)
- March 10, 11, 12 — TBD
- May 5, 6, & 7 — TBD
Attending Performances During the Academic Year
Attending a theatre performance at Augustana? Purchase tickets, or view the campus map to find a parking lot, the box office or get directions to campus.
Tickets: $15 for adults, $10 for seniors & non-Augustana University students. FREE tickets with valid Augustana or High School ID.