Application Process for International Students
We invite international students who will complete secondary school to apply to Augustana. Transfer students and non-degree (study abroad) students are also welcome. Admission is granted to those who have excellent academic promise and a score of at least 550 (PBT) or 79 (iBT) on the TOEFL exam or equivalent scores on the IELTS or EIKEN exams.
Augustana operates on a “rolling” admission process. This means that from October 1 through August 15, we will evaluate your application file and make an admission decision as soon as it is complete. There is no fee to apply.
Students who apply prior to March 1 will have an advantage in obtaining scholarships, securing an American roommate, choosing classes, and time to secure a visa in their home country. We accept applications up to a year in advance of the term you are planning to enroll. We recommend that you complete the application process below no later than two months in advance.
To be considered for both admission and scholarships, please send the following to Augustana:
- Completed Application for Admission for international students.
- All secondary and post-secondary transcripts and/or national exam scores.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor.
- A Personal Statement (250 words minimum) describing a significant challenge you have overcome.
- English Language Test Scores and/or College Preparation Test Scores from one or more of the following tests:
- Financial Statement showing sufficient resources to support yourself for one academic year.
- Completed International Student Application for Financial Aid.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport.
Applicants are requested to send documents electronically (including scans of transcripts and exam scores) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools that submit "original" copies of transcripts may also send electronic copies to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Original paper documents sent by applicants, sponsors, schools or exam centers (for example, high school transcripts and exam scores) must be sent by regular or express courier to:
Office of Admission
2001 S. Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57197