Fitness Incentive Programs
The ACIS Get Fit Program is a cross training incentive program that rewards participants with prizes for the number of times they exercise in a specified time period. Prizes are given after 20 and 40 workouts which are completed within the 12 week period.
In addition to proper nutrition and effective stress relief, exercise is a major component of a healthy lifestyle. Regular, consistent workouts offer health benefits, including a firmer, trimmer appearance, assistance in weight loss, stress-relief, and increased cardiovascular endurance and stamina.
You may receive credit for doing any of the following activities:
2. Group Fitness Classes
3. Weight Training
5. Using fitness equipment in the weight room
6. Playing indoor/outdoor intramurals
7. Running on the indoor track or treadmill
8. A number of other Recreational Services activities
The Get Fit Program is offered twice during the school year.
1. During first semester, the days you are allowed to record are Monday, September 2nd through Friday, December
2. During the second semester, the days you are allowed to record are Sunday, February 9th through Friday, May 16th.
Get Fit Rules:
1. Get Fit is a computer based program—we will add your name into the computer
2. Inform the desk worker when you have completed a workout.
3. Participants are credited for legitimate 30 minute workouts on the day they participate.
- Sept. 28th- Late Night Roller Skating at 10pm
- Nov. 5th- Hydrofit at 8pm
- Dec. 9th- Circuit Weights at 6pm
- Mar. 6th- Hydrofit at 8pm
- April 11th- HardCORE Abs at 7am
- May 1st-Open Poke Run at 6pm
Swim your way to the holiday season! You can sign up for the 12 Days of Christmas - Swim Fest in the pool anytime from November 5th to November 30th. Recording of swim minutes can begin on November 30th
1. Receive one point for every 30 minutes of activity in the pool.
2. Come between 6:30am and 7:30am two times a week and gain one extra point.
3. Points double on Friday’s from 8:30pm-10pm.
4. Receive prizes for 6, 10, and 20 points.
Miles Club - January 2013
The Miles Club is a program designed to motivate participants who use cardio equipment in the weight room. It gives participants the opportunity to log their miles traveled, set personal goals, and be rewarded for working out!
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up at the front desk or in the weight room from November 25th - January 6th or any time during interim.
2. Set a Miles Club goal!
3. Get to the weight room and start your trek! Workouts can be recorded between January 6th and January 30th. Following each workout, stop and check in with the Weight Room Supervisor - who will record and initial your progress.
25 Mile Club
50 Mile Club
75 Mile Club
Mile Conversion Chart:
Treadmill, Elliptical, & Indoor Track miles = straight miles
3 Bike Miles = 1 Run Mile
25 miles: Water bottle
50 miles: Towel
75 miles: T-shirt
Final picture will be taken on Monday, February 13th at 8:30pm.
Group Fitness Challenge
January 6 - January 30
What is the Goal?
Attend eight group fitness classes throughout the month of January, including two in each of the following: Weight Room/Forum, Back Alley, Multi-Purpose Room, and Pool. If you complete the goal, you will reveieve a Group Fitness Challenge T-Shirt!
-You will get prizes based on how many miles a week you consistently swim for 4 weeks (February 6 - March 8).
1 mile a week= 35 laps (x4= 140 laps total) = Lake Calhoun/ Drawstring Backpack
2 miles a week= 70 laps (x4= 280 laps total) = Cocoa Beach/ Towel
3 miles a week= 105 laps (x4= 420 laps total) = Honolulu/ T-shirt
-Swim between 6:30am and 7:30am Monday- Friday and 8:30pm- 10:00pm on Fridays and earn DOUBLE laps
- If you don’t like lap swimming, you can earn laps alternative ways…
1 Water Aerobics Class= 35 Pool Laps
- ½ hour of Aqua Jogging= 18 Pool Laps
- Pool Party on March 7th (9pm-11pm)= 50 Pool Laps
Summer Swimming Shape Up
This swimming incentive program runs from March 16 to May 16 and is an awesome way to get ready for summer! When you come to the pool, you will receive your own punch card with 24 spots to punch and can instantly start working toward the t-shirt prize! You can earn punches by attending a Hydrofit class (worth 3 punches), swimming during the 6:30-7:30am (worth 2 punches), or swimming any time after noon (worth 1 punch). Sign up for the program starts February 24th, so head on over to the Elmen and start swimming your way to summer!
Pictures and prizes May 18 at 7:45pm.