If You Think You Have Influenza
If you think you have influenza, please follow these precautions:
- You should not go to class or eat in the Dining Room or Huddle.
- If your home is a reasonable distance from campus, consider going home. This allows you to be more comfortable and helps keep your classmates from getting sick.
- Students who are unable to go home should self-isolate in their room. Please notify your VA or Hall Director immediately. In situations where the "ill" student has a roommate, our staff will assist the "well" roommate in finding temporary housing.
- Meals to go/sick trays from dining services will be handled on a case to case basis. Soups, clear beverages and light snacks will be prepared for pick up by friends/classmates. This can be done by calling the Dining Room 605.274.4409, or Huddle 605.274.4416. Those picking up meals for others will need to have the sick student's ID number.
- Most students who are ill with influenza are normally sick from 3 to 5 days. Please contact your professors through e-mail.
- If you have not been seen by a nurse at The Campus Clinic, please report your condition by email at: email@example.com.