The Writing Center promotes writing across the curriculum at Augustana University by offering the following:
- English conversation table on Thursdays at 4 p.m. cappuccinos, tea, and bread provided.
- writing-related workshops for faculty and students
- classroom presentations supporting W-component classes
- tutor services to any enrolled Augustana student.
Writing Center Fall Hours
|Sunday||8:00 - 10:00 p.m.|
|Monday||8:00 - 10:00 p.m.|
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. and
8:00 - 10:00 p.m.
|Wednesday||8:00 - 10:00 p.m.|
3:30 - 5:00 pm. and
6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
We also have a tutor stationed in the library classroom Sunday - Thursday from 8 - 10 p.m. during Fall, J-term, and Spring
The Writing Center is available to all students at Augustana University. Our nationally certified peer tutor/consultants can do the following:
- Help with any writing assignments (not just English).
- Discuss writing assignments to help you understand what is required.
- Assist you to think through and develop your ideas.
- Help you organize your information and plan your paper.
- Suggest strategies to help you edit and proofread effectively.
Call to set up a weekly appointment time or stop in during the walk-in hours for help with any writing assignment.