The Writing Center promotes writing across the curriculum at Augustana University by offering the following:
- classroom presentations supporting W-component classes
- tutor services to any enrolled Augustana student.
- writing-related workshops for faculty and students
- English conversation table on Thursdays at 3 p.m. during Fall and Spring. Cappuccinos, tea, and bread provided.
Writing Center Summer Hours
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
We also have a tutor stationed in the library classroom Sunday - Thursday from 8 - 10 p.m. during Fall and Spring (not J-term)
The Writing Center is available to all students at Augustana University. Our internationally certified peer tutors/consultants can do the following:
- Help with any writing assignments (not just English).
- Discuss writing assignments to help you understand what is required.
- Assist you to think through and develop your ideas.
- Help you organize your information and plan your paper.
- Suggest strategies to help you edit and proofread effectively.
Call to set up a weekly appointment time or stop in during the walk-in hours for help with any writing assignment.
Tutors, their specialties, and their hours:
Sarah: Biology, Spanish; Good with APA formatting and scientific reports. Hours:
Baylee: Elementary Ed, minor in ENL; Good with APA, MLA, and FYS writing. Hours:
Zach: English, Secondary Ed.; specialties: religion writing, creative writing, idea brainstorming. Hours:
Destiny: English and Government majors; good with basic French and Journalism. Hours:
Andrew: English major; comfortable with APA format and papers in Spanish. Hours:
Olivia: English, Psychology, and Bio (Civitas); comfortable with Bio lab reports and most other types of writing. Hours:
Rebekah: Journalism and STEM majors; comfortable with MLA, APSA, and journalistic writing. Also good with formatting chemistry lab reports and Civitas papers. Hours: Tuesdays 7-9pm; Thursdays 7-9pm
Ryan: Government and Economics majors; good with MLA and APSA. Love Brainstorming and learning about new things (especially history). Hours:
Jacob: English, Journalism, and Political Science majors; comfortable with MLA, journalistic writing, and Chicago Style. Hours:
Jack: English and Government majors, American studies minor; good with Chicago, MLA, and creative writing. Hours: