Financing Your Education
Financing a college education is a concern for most families; therefore, we are committed to assisting students and parents in finding the resources to make an affordable investment. Over 98 percent of Augustana's students receive merit and/or need-based financial assistance, with more than $33 million awarded last year in scholarships, grants, loans, and work study.
The average financial aid award for the Class of 2018 was $26,268. This included scholarships, grants, loans and campus employment. On average, new freshman received approximately $20,376 in gift assistance.
Augustana provides a for prospective students to project estimated costs after scholarships and grants. Estimate your out-of-pocket expenses to attend Augustana College by using the Net Price Calculator tool.
Augustana is a true educational value, representing an investment with significant lifetime returns. (See Why Augustana?) Many people are surprised at how low the net cost to attend Augustana can be, thanks to the following factors.
- Institutional aid. The scholarships and grants that Augustana awards reduce your out-of-pocket costs. Ninety-five percent of Augustana students receive institutional gift aid that does not have to be repaid.
- Other financial assistance. Sixty-seven percent of Augustana students qualify for federal loans and grants, and work-study jobs on campus also supplement our students’ financial aid packages.
- Timely degree completion. Seventy-three percent of our 2012 graduates complete their degrees within four years. Timely graduation equals big savings. Consider not only the additional year of tuition, room, and board you will likely spend should you select a public university, but also consider the lost year of salary. Upon graduation, Augustana boasts a consistently high job placement rate.
- Lighter debt load. As a result of these factors, Augustana students often graduate with total repayable loan amounts that are comparable to those of students attending public universities.
- Watch EducationQuest's FAFSA Demo video
- Complete or change the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Learn answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the FAFSA
- Complete the Direct Loan MPN or Perkins MPN
- Accept your award
- Find a scholarship/grant, outside assistance—or learn about PACT (matching grant program)
- Report an outside scholarship
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance or Perkins Entrance loan counseling
- Complete Exit Loan Counseling
- Check on the payment plan options
- Find a form
- Learn about CashCourse – a program in financial literacy
- Check on part-time jobs or view our work study policies
- Get information on the Federal TEACH Grant
- Check loan history at NSLDS
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid
Augustana College's Codes:
- FAFSA: 003458
- ACT: 3902
- SAT: 6015
FAFSA Filing Dates:
- March 1st - for new students, please file your FAFSA as soon as you're able
- May 1st for continuing students