The Augustana University Viking Days Parade is a homecoming event that allows student organizations, campus departments, businesses and groups to showcase their Augustana spirit and celebrate the university's core values (Community, Excellence, Service, Christian and Liberal Arts) . This year's Viking Days Parade is on Saturday, Oct. 15, at 10:30 a.m.
- Parade Entry Deadline | Friday, Sept. 30 | 5 p.m.
- Line-up Time | Saturday, Oct. 15 | 9 a.m.
- Parade | 10:30 a.m.
Parade route will begin at the corner of 28th Street and Grange Avenue, proceed south on Grange Avenue to 33rd Street then proceed east down 33rd Street. The route will end at the Our Savior’s Lutheran parking lot on 33rd Street.
*All campus groups will be contacted separately by the Viking Days Committee on how to register for the parade.
All parade entrants are asked to observe the Parade Guidelines. Any violation of these guidelines will result in forfeiture of participation in the parade. Entry fees will NOT be refunded for any reason, including inclement weather.
How to Enter
- Step 1: Complete the Viking Days Parade Entry Form.
- Step 2: Please allow up to seven business days after submission for approval.
- Step 3: Payment can be made after approval but no later than Monday, Oct. 3. Payments can be made via check (made out to Augustana University, memo Viking Days Parade) or credit card online. A link to the online payment form and a mailing address for checks will be sent to all approved entries.
- Step 4: Be on the lookout for directions from the Viking Days Parade Co-Chairs regarding parade lineup location and other pertinent information.
Entry Categories & Costs
- Commercial or For-Profit – $30
- Political – $30
- Non-Profit – No Cost
- Bands/Teams (Cheer, Dance, Gymnastics, Karate, etc.) – $15
- Viking Days Parade Committee | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.4305