The Augustana University School of Health Professions supports future health care and medical professionals with in-depth classroom education and nearby clinicals through strong partnerships with major hospitals and clinics. The programs in this school have a trusted history of producing highly qualified nurses, athletic trainers, and professionals all across the field of health care.
Meet the Dean
Dr. Matt Volansky, of Naples, Florida, joined Augustana as the director of the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. Along with his role as dean of the School of Health Professions, Volansky continues to lead Augustana’s DPT program through the processes of accreditation.
Volansky earned a Bachelor of Science in physical therapy from the University of Toledo at Medical College of Ohio, Master of Business Administration (MBA) in health care from Baldwin-Wallace College, DPT from Northeastern University and Ph.D. in biomedical informatics from Rutgers University. Volansky came to AU from the University of Mount Union, where he was an assistant professor. He has also been involved in private practice for more than 25 years.
Programs of Study
- Program Director of Master of Science in Athletic Training Dr. James Day | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.4730
- Program Director of Exercise & Sport Sciences Dr. Shane Scholten | email@example.com | 605.274.5469
- Program Director of Nursing Dr. Lynn White | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.5336
- Program Director of Master of Science in Genetic Counseling Dr. Becca Loman | email@example.com | 605.274.4729
- Dean of the School of Health Professions and Program Director of Doctor of Physical Therapy Dr. Matt Volansky | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Augustana University Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program — the university’s first doctorate program — welcomed its inaugural cohort in June and exceeded its enrollment goal by five students. The DPT program enrolled 85 students into the Class of 2025, and an additional six chose to defer to the cohort beginning in 2024.
Augustana University is proud to announce that its Class of 2022 nursing graduates within its School of Health Professions achieved the highest National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®) pass rate of all programs in South Dakota for the third straight year.
Augustana University has partnered with Sanford Health to create the Sanford Health Nursing Scholarship Program.