A student interested in working toward a graduate degree needs to obtain, complete and file an official application with the Office of Graduate Education. The following documents must be submitted:
- Official application (program-specific*)
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (transcripts must come directly from the college/university via a secure site)
- Two recommendation forms testifying to the applicant's character and ability to do graduate work (program-specific requirements)
- A 2- to 3-page typed essay in which the applicant discusses his or her academic interests, educational goals and plans for graduate study (program-specific*)
- Non-refundable application fee of $60 (Students enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at Augustana at the time of application to the program are exempt from paying this fee.)
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better
- Sufficient undergraduate work in the proposed field of study to satisfy specific program admission requirements and graduate credit course prerequisites (See admission requirements for specific programs. For example, applicants for the Master of Education hold or are eligible for licensure.)
Augustana University invites international students, and those whose primary language is not English, to apply. Admission is granted to those who have excellent academic promise and achieved a minimum score on one of the following English proficiency exams. TOEFL (550 PBT or 79 iBT), IELTS (6.0 overall band), Duolingo English Test (minimum 105/160) or equivalent scores on the, MET, PTE, GTEC CBT or EIKEN exams. For applicants who earned a degree from an institution whose language of instruction is English, and those who earned a degree from an institution within the United States, the documentation of English proficiency requirement is waived.
* Refer to specific program prerequisites for additional requirements.