The Augustana University School of Music is widely recognized for its tradition of excellence in music. The Augustana School of Music offers performance experiences that include international and regional touring, performances in the renowned Mary W. Sommervold Hall at the Washington Pavilion and the opportunity to perform and learn from nationally-known visiting artists.
School of Music at AU
Meet the Dean
Dr. Peter Folliard is the inaugural dean of the School of Music. Folliard, a New Jersey native, joined Augustana in 2017 as the conductor of the Augustana Orchestra.
Folliard holds undergraduate degrees in music education and instrumental performance from the University of North Texas; master’s degrees in instrumental performance and conducting from the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University; and a doctor of musical arts degree in orchestral conducting from the Eastman School of Music.
Programs of Study
Explore the School of Music
- School of Music | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Instructor of Instrumental Studies Dr. Christopher Unger | email@example.com | 605.274.5234
- Program Director of Vocal Studies Dr. Russell Svenningsen | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.5038
- Director of Multimedia Entrepreneurship & Innovative Practices Frank D. Cook | email@example.com
- Dean of the School of Music Dr. Peter Folliard | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.5233