Augustana's six residence halls provide students with a rich community experience with support networks, creative programs and social activities.
All six residence halls are co-educational. Most floors or wings on residence hall floors are designated by gender with common lobbies, lounges, kitchens and recreation rooms. Entrances to the halls are secured twenty-four hours a day. Student life in the residence halls is guided by a code of conduct and carefully determined procedures designed to ensure that students have an enjoyable residential experience. Gender-inclusive housing is available on the first floor of Tuve Hall and is open to all students.
Residence Hall Amenities
Each residence hall is a little different, providing a unique experience no matter where you live on campus. However, there are a few things that you can expect from each hall:
- Computer lab (internet access and printer)
- Public use kitchen with oven and refrigerator
- Coin-free laundry facilities
- Study lounges
- TV lounge
- Vacuum cleaners
Student Room Furnishings
While student rooms vary across campus, basic furnishings are standard to each area. In your room, you will find:
- Twin XL beds
- Closets or wardrobes
- Desk chairs
- Microchill unit (refrigerator, freezer, and microwave)
- Limited parking is available on campus. Parking permits are distributed by seniority, on a first-come, first-served basis for all students. Please pay attention to all city, Augustana, and community signs when parking adjacent to campus. Contact Campus Safety at (605) 274-4014 for more information regarding parking and permits.
- Mattress sizes are twin extra long.
- Students may bring carpeting for their room, however, foam or kanga-back carpet poses a fire risk and is therefore prohibited.