Our enduring commitments elevate the student experience, our stewardship of human and financial resources, and effective engagement with the university.
Augustana’s strategic goals are guided by its enduring mission and shared core values.
The university will continue to empower our students and, through an unwavering commitment to the liberal arts, enable them to discern their callings, to be generous servant leaders, and to succeed throughout their careers and in life.
At the heart of these strategic goals is a conviction that an ongoing, annual commitment to the following mission-critical priorities is essential to achieving success.
- Enhancing learning, spiritual formation and experiential opportunities that integrate students’ vocational engagement and career preparation, including offering more students meaningful work study and non-work study employment opportunities on campus.
- Increasing accessibility to mental health services for all students in order to support their emotional and spiritual well-being and their academic growth and achievement.
- Broadening Augustana’s commitment to environmental sustainability in order to be good stewards of the planet and meet the expectations of current and future students by supporting relevant academic offerings and other initiatives as well as making responsible investments that promote sustainability in campus operations.
- Implementing Augustana’s Diversity & Inclusion Plan to increase intercultural awareness and understanding, attract more faculty, staff, and students from under-represented populations, and ensure that students graduate with the habits of mind needed to be effective members of a diverse community.
- Expanding awareness, engagement and loyalty by implementing integrated strategic marketing and communications plans that promote Augustana University – academics, athletics, campus initiatives, faculty, staff, and student accomplishments – locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Investing in faculty and staff through more professional development and competitive compensation that inspires and rewards excellence by enhancing the offerings and support provided by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship and implementing an employee compensation model that positions Augustana competitively in our market.
- Identifying and evaluating innovative technologies that can enhance academic programming, including augmented or virtual reality, artificial intelligence, open educational resources, adaptive learning technologies, and competency-based education.
- Stewarding assets entrusted to Augustana and adapting the university business model and operations to ensure financial sustainability and future viability.