Our mission is to cultivate student employment as a practice that creates meaningful experiences for students to engage in active, work-based learning and reflect on their learning through professional training, mentorship, and vocational exploration. For more information about our student employment options, please refer to the Student Employment Guidelines page.
Types of Employment
- Work-Study: Students qualify for this federally funded program by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and demonstrating financial need. Students who are eligible for Federal Work-Study will have Federal Work-Study Opportunity listed on their financial aid offer.
- Campus Employment: These positions are departmentally- or institutionally-funded jobs across campus. All Augie students are eligible to apply for these positions.
Steps to Apply
- Search Openings:
- Log into Augie Opportunities and search for positions.
- Once logged in, click on “Jobs” from the left hand vertical menu. Then select “Search.”
- In the filters section, click on the drop down menu “Position Type” and select “Work Study” or “Campus Employment.”
- Click “Apply” to see the filter results.
- All Work Study and Campus Jobs will be labeled with (AU)
- Thoroughly read all application instructions to determine your eligibility and verify application materials required
- Some positions are categorized as both Work Study and Campus Jobs
- Click the “Apply” button at the top right corner of the job posting. Be sure to complete any forms and upload any required material in order to be eligible for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- After submitting your application, a hiring manager will contact students with further instructions about the process.
Who to contact with questions:
- Work study eligibility questions? Contact Financial Aid at 605.274.5216
- Questions about how to log in to Augie Opportunities? Contact the Student Success Center at 605.274.4127
Summer Student Employment Opportunities
Interested in Working on Campus?
- If you would like to be considered for a job on campus this summer, please check out Augie Opportunities. All campus jobs will be posted to this site.
- Please note that we must have a 2022-2023 FAFSA on file to consider your application for summer work.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office through Email or at 605-274-5216.
If you are currently working on campus, view our 2021-22 payroll dates