We invite international students who will complete secondary school to apply to Augustana. Transfer students and non-degree (study abroad) students are also welcome. Admission is granted to those who have excellent academic promise and achieved a minimum score on one of the following English proficiency exams: TOEFL (550 PBT or 79 iBT), IELTS (6.0 overall band), Duolingo English Test (minimum 105/160) or equivalent scores on the, MET, PTE, GTEC CBT, or EIKEN exams. If a student has taken the SAT or ACT, we will look at their reading and writing sub-scores in place of an English proficiency exam. Augustana will also offer conditional admission to academically qualified students in need of intensive English, with full admission being offered after successful completion of ELS's Intensive English Program, Level 112.
Augustana operates on a “rolling” admission process. This means that from September 1 through June 30, we will evaluate your application file and make an admission decision as soon as it is complete. There is no fee to apply.
Students who apply prior to March 1 will have an advantage in obtaining scholarships, securing an American roommate, choosing classes, and allowing for sufficient time to secure a visa in their home country. We accept applications up to a year in advance of the term you are planning to enroll. We recommend that you complete the application process below no later than two months in advance.
To be considered for both admission and scholarships, please send/complete the following to Augustana:
- Apply online using the Augustana online application form or using the Common Application.
- All secondary and post-secondary transcripts, results, and/or national exam scores.
- A Personal Statement (250 words minimum) describing a significant challenge you have overcome.
- One of the following test score reports (only one of these is required, not all of them):
- Financial Statement showing sufficient resources to support yourself for one academic year.
- Completed International Student Financial Ability Form.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport.
Original paper documents sent by applicants, sponsors, schools or exam centers (for example, high school transcripts and exam scores) must be sent by regular or express courier to:
Office of Admission
2001 S. Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57197