What to do before you arrive
- Contact the Business Office (605.274.5239) and the Financial Aid Office (605.274.5216) to ensure you have completed all tasks related to your semester bill and financial aid package.
- Assemble items to bring for your room — see our list of What to Pack.
- Label your boxes and other items with your full name, building name and room number.
- Check your Augustana email account regularly. This is Augustana's primary way of contacting you.
- Visit with your roommate (their email address and phone number were listed in your room assignment notification).
- If you plan to bring a car, you need to request a parking permit. You can do this through your student portal.
- Visit the portal to complete your emergency contact information and sign up for the emergency notification system.
Get involved! Browse Viking Central for information on organizations, clubs and upcoming events.
Students who need to arrive before residential communities open for the fall semester must be approved through the Student Affairs office. Students who are part of a campus organization, sports team or other large groups will have their early arrival details arranged with their advisor, coach or supervisor. Individuals who wish to request an early arrival should fill out the early arrival request form on their portal under the housing & dining tab. Note: We will not approve any individual early arrival requests for dates prior to Saturday, Aug. 20.
All on-campus students are assigned a campus mailbox, located in the Morrison Commons. Students will receive their mailbox information after moving in. Packages can be picked up in the Nelson Service Center. Below is an example of your Augustana University address:
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
If you have questions about mail, contact Student Affairs at 605.274.5215.
The fall semester meal plan begins with dinner on Saturday, Aug 27. You can add or change your meal plan on your portal.
We're here for you! Contact Student Affairs at 605.274.5215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.