Augustana Welcome Week Recap!
The Welcome Week Committee is a dedicated group of student leaders working to provide an accurate first impression of incoming students’ new Augie home. Our mission is to encourage student engagement, validate students’ college decisions, and demonstrate what it means to be an Augustana Viking.
Empower individuals. Inspire community. Encourage excellence.
The 2022 Welcome Week Committee is:
- Avery Carder (co-chair)
- Hannah Eberts (co-chair)
- Angie Barrientos
- Libby Breckon
- Tatiana Chance
- Emily Clark
- Julia Hopes
- Madalyn Reifsteck.
Welcome Week 2022
Save the date! August 27 through August 30, 2022.
Check out the 2021 schedule for an idea of what to expect!
2021 Welcome Week Schedule
Saturday, Aug. 28, 2021
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. — Move-in
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Business Office & Financial Aid Office available, Viking Grounds Coffee Shop in Morrison Commons
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. — Bookstore Open and Text Book Pick Up in Back Alley
- 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Hot Dog Cart, Commons Patio, Complimentary hot dog, chips, and beverage. Free will offering accepted to benefit HAPPY.
- 11:00 a.m. — Family Orientation, Hamre Recital Hall, for families who moved in before 10 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. — Get Settled Time, your room, students use this time to unpack & get to know your roommate while your family goes to orientation!
- 1:00 p.m. — Family Worship, Chapel
- 2:30 p.m. — Family Orientation, Hamre Recital Hall, for families who moved in after 10 a.m.
- 2:30 p.m. — Get Settled Time, your room, students use this time to unpack & get to know your roommate while your family goes to orientation!
- 3:30 p.m. — Families Say Goodbye
- 4:00 p.m. — Floor Meetings, First-Year Students Meet your VA on your Residence Hall Floor
- 5:00 to 5:30 p.m. — Off-Campus Student Check-in & Picnic, RAINSITE: Elmen Center
- 5:00 p.m. — Welcome Week Picnic, RAISITE: Elmen Center
- 6:15 p.m. — Welcome Week Kick Off, RAINSITE: Elmen Center
- The official start to Welcome Week 2021: Level Up at AU! Hear from the University President, the President and Vice President of your Augustana Student Association (ASA), meet the Welcome Week Committee, Viking Guides, and your Welcome Week group (also your First-Year Seminar 110 classmates!).
- 8:00 p.m. — Opening Night Event, UBG Presents: Peter Boie, Magician for Non-Believers, Elmen Center
- 9:30 p.m. — Bonfire & Smores, Campus Green
Sunday, Aug. 29, 2021
- 7:30 to 9 a.m. — Breakfast
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Sunday Session Rotation:
- Using Your Strengths for Excellence, FYS Classrooms
- Faith and Spirituality in College, Chapel
- Lost & Found and Mental Health Resources, Hamre
- 12 to 1:00 p.m. — Lunch
- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. — Ed Session 1: Won't You Be My Neighbor: Embracing Difference While Creating Belonging, Part 1, Elmen Center
- 2:30 to 3:00 p.m. — Travel Time, Get Ready for Elmen Extravaganza
- 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. — Elmen Extravaganza, Elmen Center
- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. — Dinner
- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. — Auditions for New Student Varieties, Hamre
- 7:00 p.m. — Catholic Mass, at Christ the King Parish a few blocks NW of campus (optional)
- 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. — Augie Night at Thunder Road
Monday, Aug. 30, 2021
- 7:30 a.m. — Breakfast
- 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. — Ed Session 2: Service Projects with SALT, FSC 113A&B
- 11:30 a.m. — Lunch
- 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. — Social, University Welcome Center
- 1:30 to 5:00 p.m. — Ed Sessions 3 & 4 Rotations
- Step Up, Elmen Center
- Gaming Augustana: Your Strategy Guide, FSC 113A&B
- 5:00 p.m. — Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. — New Student Varieties, Hamre
- 8:00 to 10:30 p.m. — Game Night hosted by Recognized Student Organizations, RAINSITE: Morrison Commons
Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. — Breakfast
- 9:00 to 9:45 a.m. — Academic Department Meeting & Advising for Major #2 (double majors only), Find your location here for both meetings.
- 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. — Academic Department Meeting & Advising for Major #1
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. — Lunch with Your Residence Hall Floor & Classroom Tours
- Solberg, Stavig 2, Stavig 3: Tour at 11, Lunch at 12
- Tuve, Stavig 4, Stavig 5: Lunch at 11, Tour at 12
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. — Free Time, Get Things Done on Campus
- 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. — Friends of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, 2-in-1 Room
- 3:50 to 5:00 p.m. — Convocation, students meet in the Elmen Center
- 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. — All Campus Picnic, Commons Patio
Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021
First Day of Classes!!
Bookstore Open & Textbook Pick-Up in the Back Alley, Morrison Commons
Saturday, Aug. 28 — 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 29 — 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 30 — 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- For online order pick up in the Back Alley, you'll need to have your Order Confirmation Number Email ready, either pulled up on your phone or printed out.
- If you pick up your online book order before August 28 or after August 30, you will need to pick up the order in the bookstore, not the Back Alley.
- For more information, visit augie.edu/bookstore
ID Photos at Campus Safety Desk, Morrison Commons
If you need a photo taken for your ID, stop by the Campus Safety Desk in the Morrison Commons.
Other Events to Check Out in September
- Study Away Fair, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 7, Commons Patio & Campus Green
- Activities Fair, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 8, Commons Patio & Campus Green
- Poster Sale, Wednesday, Sept. 15 and Thursday, Sept. 16, Commons Patio & Campus Green
- Volunteer & Part-Time Job Fair, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 21, Commons Patio & Campus Green
We're excited to have you on campus so you can "Level Up".