Viking Days 2023 will be held Sept. 19-24, 2023. A timeless tradition, #VikingDays is one of the best times to celebrate being an Augustana Viking!
Sailing into Service
All day | Back Alley, Morrison Commons
- All students, staff, faculty and alumni are invited to join Viking Days for a day of service and give back to the community!
7 p.m. | Elmen Center
- Crowning ceremony of the Viking Days Royalty
Class of 1973 50th Reunion Pre-gathering
5:30 p.m. | Holiday Inn City Centre, Falls East Room (100 W 8th St.)
- The class of 1973 is invited to a pre-gathering event to kick off the 50th class reunion celebration. Registration is required, $25.
10 a.m. | Chapel of Reconciliation
- Senior Sermon: TBA
Honor Guard Luncheon
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Our Savior's Lutheran Church (909 W 33rd St.)
- A luncheon for alumni who are celebrating or have celebrated their 50th class reunion, with Augustana’s executive team to give an update on the many things happening around campus. Members of the class of 1973 will be inducted into the Augustana Honor Guard. Reunion photos for the classes of 1948, 1953, 1958, 1963 and 1968 will be taken at the luncheon. Registration is required, $22.
Class of 1973 50th Reunion Memorial Service
1:30 - 2:30 p.m. | Meet at Ole Statue
- The class of 1973 will gather to honor classmates who have passed away. Registration is not required.
Class of 1973 50th Reunion Campus Tours
3 p.m. | Meet at Ole Statue
- The class of 1973 will meet at the Ole Statue and receive tours of campus from Augustana students. Registration is not required.
4 p.m. | Back Alley, Morrison Commons
- Augustana international students share presentations on their home countries. Hosted by the International Programs Office and Augustana International Club, this event is free and open to the public.
Class of 1973 50th Reunion Banquet Dinner
5:30 p.m. | Hilton Garden Inn, Revir Ballroom A & B (201 E 8th St.)
- Social begins at 5:30 p.m.; reunion class photo at 6:30 p.m.; dinner at 6:45 p.m. with President Stephanie Herseth Sandlin to visit and accept the Class of 1973 Endowed Scholarship check. The reunion class photo will be taken at this event. Registration is required, $45.50.
Volleyball vs. TBA
5 p.m. | Elmen Center
- Tickets are available at goaugie.com/tickets beginning in mid-August.
Vikings Marching Band - Alumni Rehearsal
9 a.m. | Fryxell Humanities Building, Room 168
- Band alumni are welcome to participate with the Vikings Marching Band for the tailgate performance and/or at the football game. For those interested in participating during the tailgate, meet at Augieville at 11:45 a.m. with the performance to begin at noon. Please RSVP or direct questions to Andrew.Hayward@augie.edu to ensure that a music folder is prepared on your behalf.
School of Music Open House
9 - 10:30 a.m. | Fryxell Humanities Building
- All are invited to visit the School of Music for coffee and fellowship. While you are here, stop and visit the MIDCO Media Center and the brand new Yamaha DCFX Concert Grand Piano in Hamre Recital Hall. School of Music merchandise will also be available for sale! For more information, please contact Matthew Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or the School of Music Office at email@example.com.
Viking Days Parade
10:30 a.m. | University Place (formerly 28th St.) to 33rd St. on Grange Ave.
To accommodate the parade, no parking will be allowed on the parade route effective 6 a.m. until the end of the parade. Please direct questions to Campus Safety at 605.274.4014.
University Place (28th St.) — From Prairie to Grange avenues
Grange Ave. — From 26th to 33rd St.
Viking Days Tailgate
11 a.m. | Augieville (outside Kirkeby-Over Stadium)
- All alumni, friends and family are welcome to join us before the big game. Look out for the alumni tent, where you can connect with fellow alumni and enjoy a fantastic lunch! A-Club members eat for free by showing their Viking Pass. The cost for non-members is $10 for adults, $5 for children (through 8th grade), payable at the event. Interested in becoming an A-Club member? Learn more here!
Vikings Football vs. TBA
1 p.m. | Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- Tickets are available at goaugie.com/tickets beginning in mid-August. The Viking Marching Band will perform at halftime!
Alumni Choir Rehearsal
4:30 p.m. | Hamre Recital Hall, Fryxell Humanities Center
- All choir alumni are invited to sing under the direction of Dr. Russell Svenningsen, director of the Augustana Choir, and Dr. James Johnson, conductor emeritus of the Augustana Choir, during Viking Days worship on Sunday in the Chapel of Reconciliation. Please RSVP by October 10.
Alumni Achievement Awards
5 p.m. | Hilton Garden Inn, Revir Ballroom A (201 E 8th St.)
- Celebrate this year’s Alumni Achievement Award and Horizon Award recipients. Invitation only.
Vikings Reunite: All Alumni Gathering
7 p.m. | R Wine Bar and Queen City Bakery (322 E 8th St.)
- Join us for an Augustana alumni celebration! Student musicians will perform. There will be spaces dedicated for the classes of 1963, 1968 and 1973. This event is free, but registration is required. If you'd like to enjoy a sit down dinner at R Wine Bar, please book online by visiting rwinebar.com/reservations. Seating is limited. Hors d'oeurves will be served at the Queen City Bakery.
Viking Days Worship
10 a.m. | Chapel of Reconciliation
- Rev. Ann Rosendale '04 and Rev. Jon Splichal Larson '06, campus pastors, will lead the Augustana community in worship, featuring the Augustana Choir and Augustana Orchestra.
We look forward to seeing you and welcoming you home to AU for a weekend of exciting events! #VikingDays. Questions? Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.