Beacom Research Fellows are Augustana University students who partner with local community-improvement organizations to complete collaborative research projects. Fellows provide close consultation through the entire research process, from refining research questions to collecting and analyzing data, making informed decisions and reporting to stakeholders — all at no cost to partner organizations.
The Beacom Research Fellows Program, funded by Miles and Lisa Beacom, makes it possible for organizations with limited resources to access research, analytics and field-specific expertise in operations and data management. The Beacom Research Fellows Program is part of the Augustana Research Institute (ARI), the area’s trusted source for community-based research.
Fellows can help partner organizations:
- Better understand community needs
- Evaluate a program’s effectiveness
- Measure return on investment
- Find ways to operate more efficiently
- Improve the way data is collected, stored and managed
- Collect data to support grant applications or impact reports