A newly published report by Augustana University shows that 99% of 2022 graduates — who completed degrees in August, December and May of Academic Year 2021-22 — achieved a positive career outcome. Many of these graduates chose to continue their education with 29% enrolled in graduate school or professional programs.
“The numbers indicate that Augustana offers an education of enduring worth. Graduates launched their careers confidently due to the distinctive learning that occurred across AU's classrooms, campus activities and the broader Sioux Falls community. Their vocational success, satisfaction and service are inspiring,” Augustana Assistant Vice Provost of Student Success & Engagement Billie Streufert said.
To help accomplish these outcomes, Augustana’s Student Success Center provides ongoing and tailored vocational engagement — offering individual support, alumni mentoring, career fairs and unique events alongside community organizations and business partners.
“An education from Augustana University is one of a kind. The classes are challenging and interesting, and the opportunities for internships and out-of-classroom learning opportunities are endless. But, more importantly, the people at Augustana are what make the place special. The care and compassion professors showed me as a student and continue to show me as an alumna are unmatched,” said Anna Rose ‘22, Augustana alumna and 4-H Youth Development Nobles County Extension educator.
Using guidelines set by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Augustana obtained information on 90% of recent graduates — exceeding the minimum NACE knowledge rate by 25%.
Class of 2022 Key Statistics
- Ninety-nine percent of responding graduates achieved a positive career outcome (e.g., continuing their education, working, serving in the military or volunteering).
- Among the respondents, 29% enrolled in graduate school or professional programs.
- Upon graduation, Class of 2022 alumni reported working in 23 states and around the globe — in countries such as France and Japan.
- South Dakota retained 68% of Augustana's full-time graduates, including 60% working in the Sioux Falls area.
- Members of the Class of 2022 were hired by 134 unique organizations. The top employers included Sanford, Avera and Fairview Health, the Sioux Falls and Harrisburg School Districts and Raven Industries.
- The mean salary for undergraduate students who were working full time in the Class of 2022 was $49,351, with a median salary of $49,225.
In addition to employment and graduate school placement details, the Outcomes Report also captured key data points that illustrate how satisfied members of the Class of 2022 were with their Augustana experience.
- Ninety-six percent of graduates reported that they were satisfied overall with their education from Augustana.
- Ninety-five percent of graduates agreed that faculty at Augustana cared about them as a person.
- Ninety-six percent of graduates reported that they had professors who made them excited about learning.
- Ninety-nine percent of graduates who responded reported that they participated in experiential learning.
More employment data, as well as other post-graduation activities and destinations for members of the Augustana Class of 2022, is detailed in the Career Outcomes Report published by the Student Success Center at augie.edu/outcomes.