Welcome to Augustana University! We are excited to have you join our on-campus community and take part in all Campus Life has to offer. First-year and transfer students will begin their Augustana journey by participating in the fun activities of Welcome Week.
First Year Student Move-In Day - Saturday, August 28
Students can move into their assigned residence halls on Saturday, August 28th. Students will sign up for a one hour time slot between 8am-noon. Sign up below! New students will arrive at your designated residence hall (Stavig, Tuve, or Solberg) during your time slot. Our staff will be there to help you unload your belongings and carry them to your room!
The Business Office and Financial Aid office will be available in the Sieverson Lounge from 9am-2pm on Saturday, August 28th.
Transfer and Returning Student Move-In Day - Sunday, August 29
Returning students and new transfer students can move into their assigned housing on Sunday, August 29th. Students will sign up for a 2 hour time slot. Sign up below! Students will arrive at their designated residence halls during their time slot and check in at the front desk (East Hall will check in at Granskou, Tuve will check in at Stavig).
Apartments and Theme Houses Apartment and Theme House residents will check in at the Student Life office. Apartment and Theme House residents do not need to sign up for a time slot.
On July 1, you can view your room and roommate information, request a parking permit, and order a loft. If you apply for housing after July 1, your assignment will be made on a rolling basis as space is available. Room and roommate information may change based on need. Check the portal for up-to-date room assignment and roommate information.
If you are living in Solberg or East Halls and would like to rent a loft, you must do so directly through College Products. Lofts will be set up for students prior to move in on August 28 as long as they order their loft by July 31. Students will be responsible for setting up their own loft if they place their order after July 31.
What to do before you arrive:
- Contact the Business Office (605.274.5239) and the Financial Aid Office (605.274.5216) to ensure you have completed all tasks related to your semester bill and financial aid package.
- Assemble items to bring for your room — see our list of What to Bring. Don’t forget to bring reusable face masks and a thermometer.
- Label your boxes and other items with your full name, building name, and room number.
- Check your Augustana email account regularly. This is Augustana’s primary way of contacting you.
- Visit with your roommate (their email address and phone number were listed in your room assignment notification).
- Decide which optional services you may wish to purchase such as lofts (Solberg, and East residents only) or cable TV. Remember, all residence hall rooms are equipped with a refrigerator/microwave unit and students living in campus housing will also have access to free laundry facilities.
- If you plan to bring a car, you need to request a parking permit. You can do this through your student portal, starting July 1. Questions about parking can be directed to Campus Safety.
- Visit the portal to complete your emergency contact information and sign up for the emergency notification system.
Get involved! Browse Viking Central for information on clubs and organizations and upcoming events.
Students who need to arrive before residential communities open for the fall semester must be approved through the Center for Campus Life. Students who are a part of a campus organization, sports team, or other large groups will have their early arrival details arranged with their advisor, coach, or supervisor. Individuals who wish to request an early arrival should fill out the Early Arrivals form beginning on July 1. Please note we will not approve any individual early arrival requests for dates prior to Sunday, August 21.
All students are assigned a campus mailbox, located in the Morrison Commons. Students will receive their mailbox information after moving in. Packages sent to your mailbox will be available at the Campus Safety information desk for pick up.
Below is an example of your Augustana University address:
- Your Name
- 2001 S. Summit Avenue, Box ###
- Sioux Falls, SD 57197
If you have questions about mail, please contact the mailroom at 605.274.4111.
The fall semester meal plan begins with dinner on Saturday, August 28. You can add or change your meal plan on your portal.
We’re here for you! Contact the Center for Campus Life at 605.274.5215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.