The Get Fit Program is a cross training incentive program that rewards participants with prizes for the number of times an individual exercises throughout the year. Prizes are given after 20 or 40 workouts are completed and recorded throughout the semester.
In addition to proper nutrition and effective stress relief, exercise is a major component of a healthy lifestyle. Regular, consistent, workouts offer health benefits, including prevention of certain diseases, improving mood and energy, strengthening bones and muscles, increasing bodily function and coordination, and increasing cardiovascular endurance and stamina.
You may receive credit for doing any of the following activities:
- Group Fitness Classes
- Weight Training
- Using our racquetball courts
- Using fitness equipment in the weight room
- Playing indoor/outdoor intramurals
- Running on the indoor track or treadmill
- A number of other Recreational Services activities
The Get Fit Program is offered twice during the school year
- During first semester, you are allowed to record anytime between Sunday, September 5th and Friday, December 10th.
- During second semester, you are allowed to record anytime between Tuesday, February 1st and Friday, May 13th.
Get Fit Rules:
- Get Fit is a computer-based program - we will add your name into the computer.
- Come to the front desk and inform the desk worker of your workout when you have completed a workout.
- Participants are credited for legitimate 30 minute workouts on the day they participate.
- Participants may only record once a day and four times per week.
- Workouts must be completed in the Elmen Center facility except for outdoor intramurals and activities around campus
- Individuals must complete training in all four areas to be eligible for prizes.
Double Point Days:
- September 20th - Circuit Weights at 6:30pm
- October 21st - Hydrofit at 8:30pm
- November 18th - Hydrofit at 8:30pm
- February 20th - Zumba at 6pm
- April 28th - Hydrofit at 8:30pm
- May 6th - Hardcore Abs at 7:00am
Successful completion of 20 or 40 cross-training workouts entitles participants to prizes. Recipients will be notified when prizes may be picked up and are encouraged to attend a brief photo opportunity.
Swim your way to the holiday season! You can sign up for the 12 Days of Christmas at the front desk anytime from November 28th to December 10th. Recording of swim minutes can begin on November 28th.
- Receive one point for every 30 minutes of activity in the pool.
- Points double on Friday's from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Receive prizes for 6 or 12 points
The Miles Club is a program designed to motivate participants who use cardio equipment in the weight room. It gives participants the opportunity to log their miles traveled, set personal goals, and be rewarded for working out!
Here's how it works:
- Sign up at the front desk or in the weight room from November 29th to January 27th or any time during Interim.
- Set a Miles Club goal!
- Get to the weight room and start your trek! Workouts can be recorded throughout Interim. Following each workout, stop and check in with the Weight Room Supervisor, who will then record and initial your progress.
- 25 Mile Club
- 50 Mile Club
- 75 Mile Club
Mile Conversion Chart:
- Treadmill, Elliptical, and Indoor Track Miles = Straight Miles
- 3 Bike Miles = 1 Mile
- 50 Flights of Stairs= 2 Miles
- 1 Arc Trainer Mile = 1.5 Miles
- 25 Miles: Fitness Towel
- 50 Miles: Assorted Workout Devices
- 75 Miles: T-Shirt
Get to know all the great fitness classes offered at Augustana. This is a program offered over the month of January designed to help students try an array of group fitness classes on campus.
Group Fitness Schedule: http://augie.edu/class-schedule
How It Works:
- Record eight group fitness classes throughout the month of January
- 2 in the Weight Room
- 2 in the Back Alley
- 2 in the Pool
- 2 in the Multi-Purpose Room
- Just asterisk your name on each sign in sheet
- Those who complete the program (two workouts in each location) will receive a Group Fitness Challenge T-Shirt.
Swim to Spring Break is an incentive program for people who like to use the pool!
- You will receive prizes based on how many laps you swim between February 1st and March 4th.
- You can gain points in various ways:
- Lap Swimming
- Hydrofit Class (1 Class = 35 Pool Laps)
- Aqua Jogging (1/2 Hour = 18 Pool Laps)
- Swim between 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Fridays to earn DOUBLE laps!
- 210 laps Half Way Prize
- 420 laps T-Shirt
This swimming incentive program runs from March13th to May 13th and is an awesome way to get ready for summer! When you come to the pool, you will receive your own punch card with 24 spots to punch and can instantly start working toward the t-shirt prize! You can earn punches by attending a Hydrofit class (worth 3 punches), swimming between 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Fridays (worth 2 points), or swimming during open swim (worth 1 punch). Sign up for the program starts February 14th, so head on over to the Elmen Center and start swimming your way to summer!