At Augustana, you will form ongoing relationships with your professors during office hours, co-curricular activities, academic advising and research. When you have questions, speaking with your professors is often the best place to start.
Academic departments also provide open tutoring sessions to support your learning. Peer tutors provide quality, course-specific academic support to Augustana students at no cost. Tutoring sessions are tailored to foster independent learning and meet students’ individual needs. Peer tutors have excelled in the courses they support and have been trained to facilitate discussions on course content, as well as learning strategies and study habits.
Connect with a tutor or the Writing Center today!
- Connect with the Writing Center
- Connect with a department tutor using an online scheduling tool, NavigateAU.
- Looking for a department tutor in a discipline not currently advertised? Complete this form and we will connect with you.
- Once you log into NavigateAU, you can schedule an individual session. (One-day advance notice: you schedule Sunday for Monday)
- Click on the Appointments icon.
- Click on the blue box labeled Schedule an appointment.
- Select Tutoring from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Tutoring - Various Location.
- Select the course you want a tutor for.
- Names of tutors and their availability will appear. Select a time that works best for you.
- You can cancel your appointment and reschedule at your convenience.
- For step by step directions, view this video.