College attendance consists of direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those that will appear on your university bill. Indirect costs are those that AU won’t bill you for, but are still wise to consider in your annual budget.
The maximum cost of attendance and scholarship awards can also affect final costs.
Undergraduate Direct Costs for 2022-23
- Full-time Tuition (12-16 credits/semester): $36,332**
- Student Fees: $1,010
- Meal Plan: $5,100
- Housing Double Occupancy: $4,048*
- Total Direct Cost: $46,490
*Additional residence hall rates listed below
** Including up to 4 credits for January term
Any student who registers for more than 16 credit hours in the fall or spring semester will be charged an overload fee of $533** per credit hour.
Undergraduate Indirect Costs for 2022-23
- Books and Supplies: $1,000
- Transportation: $2,200
- Personal/Misc. Expenses: $3,700
- Average Loan Fees: $72
- Total Indirect Cost: $6,972
Total Cost of Attendance for 2022-23: $53,462