College attendance consists of direct and indirect costs. Direct costs are those that will appear on your university bill, while indirect costs are those that AU won’t bill you for but are still wise to consider in your annual budget. The maximum cost of attendance and scholarship awards can also affect final costs.
2024-25 Undergraduate Direct Costs
- Full-time Tuition (12-18 credits/semester) | $39,100**
- Student Fees | $1,060
- Housing Double Occupancy | $4,296*
- Food (Meal Plan) | $5,424
- Total Direct Cost | $49,880
* Additional residence hall rates listed below
** Including up to four credits for January Term (J-Term)
Any student who registers for more than 18 credit hours in the fall or spring semester will be charged an overload fee of $610** per credit hour.
2024-25 Undergraduate Indirect Costs
- Books & Supplies | $1,000
- Transportation | $2,374
- Personal/Misc. Expenses | $4,316
- Average Loan Fees | $72
- Total Indirect Cost | $7,762
Indirect costs are estimated costs that are not charged to a student’s university account but are still a part of life as a college student. This includes books and supplies, transportation, and personal or miscellaneous expenses. Actual expenses will vary by student.