A Nursing curriculum has been designed for exchange students from partner schools to include 15 U.S. credit hours, which is equivalent to 30 ECTS credits.
The Augustana University Norwegian Exchange program partners with:
- Nord University
- Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- University of South-Eastern Norway
- Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
Norwegian Nursing Exchange students applying for admission to the Augustana University and the Department of Nursing must complete the following steps listed below:
- Step 1 - Create an application account and then complete and submit the free International Student Application. This application also includes a request for a personal essay.
(Documents for Steps 2, 3 and 4 may be uploaded within the application portal.)
- Step 2 - Submit a copy of your Norwegian University College Transcripts (Karakterutskrift).
- Step 3 - Submit a copy of your Passport Information Page that includes your name, date of birth and photo.
- Step 4 - Submit a Professional Essay (one - two pages in length) including information below:
- Summary of experiences in Nursing and previous Clinical Settings
- Goals for professional practice in the future
- Goals for your experience at Augustana
After official admission to Augustana University and the Department of Nursing, the admitted students will submit the following completed forms (Steps 5, 6, 7, & 8). All forms should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Forms Required by December 1
- Step 5 - Required Immunization Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Step 6 - Physical Exam Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 7 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Verification Form - Take this form to your University's Nursing Program Office. Your University will verify and sign this document. When they return the form to you, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Step 8 - Letter from home university indicating that they have on file a Certificate of Good Conduct issued by police authorities in student’s hometown (police background check). You do not need a new background check. You may use the background check that your university has on file for your current Nursing program. When your university gives you this letter, please scan the document and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of the partnership between Augustana and our Norwegian partners, the admission paperwork process has been reduced. The process for Nursing exchange students listed here requires just four steps during the initial application process. The online application has a different checklist with additional steps our Nursing exchange students do not have to complete (including submission of a Letter of Recommendation, submission of SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS score results, submission of a high school transcript and a financial aid form.